Monitoring, Processing, and Controlling the Sensor Device with the intelligent Data Processing Unit.
The TAM Interface Box will be connected directly to a Sensor Device. The measurement results will be sent to: internal touch-screen-display, data storage devices, analog and serial outputs and / or to an external Host System (like a PC). The measurement results can be further processed (and optimized zero-offset, signal gain, filtering, differential mode processing).
Monitoring, Processing and Controlling A3-Torque (and other) Sensor Products with the intelligent TAM Interface Box
Numerical and graphical display and a large number of programmable input / output devices (Analog, Serial RxTx, USB Device, CAN, I2C, Digital GPIOs, USB Host)
- Programmable User Interface for Analog and Serial Digital Sensors
- Optimised for TAM-Trafag Torque & Bending Sensors (A3-Kit, A3-ULC, A3-OTS)
- Colour Graphic Display and Touch Screen Interface
- Programmable Aux Power Supply for the Sensor (+3.3 Volt to +22 Volt)
- Built-in Data Logger (MSD Card Interface), CAN Bus, Analog Output
Programmable Communication Ports (inputs & outputs) and Measurement Ports
A range of different and industry standard communication ports are available that allow a near perfect system adaptation and system integration into a measurement and data acquisition project:
- Inputs: 3 Analog (can be used as single-ended or in combination for differential mode), USB (Host), I2C, RxTx, …
- Outputs: Analog, Serial (RxTx), CAN, I2C, (Optional: Wireless), MSD memory card, USB to PC (Device) …
- Single DC Voltage powered, standalone data acquisition and data processing system
- Built-in high-resolution colour Touch Screen Interface
- Programmable (inputs) Sensor Signal Interface
- Three analog signal input
- USB Host interface
- Serial digital interface: RxTx or I²C
- Signal Outputs (analog and serial digital)
- CAN Bus
- Analog 0 to +5 Volt
- Numerical and graphic data display (on built-in screen)
- USB Slave (to connect to PC)
- Build-in Functions
- Temperature Sensor
- RTC (Real Time Clock) with rechargeable battery
- On-Board Data Logger with MSD card storage
- Status LEDs and Function button
- System initialisation
- Offset calibration
- Programmable single supply voltage for connected Sensor System
- +3.3 Volt to +22 Volt, 500 mA
- Expansion connector for application specific features
- Optional: Wireless interface (Bluetooth, WLAN, …)
Examples of using the TAM Interface Box
The TAM Interface Box will work successfully together with the newest Torque Sensor Products from TAM and Trafag, like the A3-OTS, A3-LS, A3-LD, A3-PL, A3-M, A3-ULC and A3-ULC-ST. A range of interface cables are available and can be ordered separately to connect the Interface Box to a TAM Sensor Kit.
Menu driven Input-Output Port Selection
Via a provided menu, the user can select which TAM-
Trafag Sensor System and an optional Host Computer will be connected to the Interface Box. The user can also define the settings for an application specific system setup.
Defining a New Sensor Device that is not in the internal list
In addition, the user can configure the function and features of the TAM Interface Box for an application specific Sensor System project.
Preconfigured Sensor Device Settings
The communication interface settings are already stored in the internal firmware for a number of available TAM – Trafag Sensor Devices and can be called-on by the user:
- A3-Lite, A3-LS, A3-LD (Version 1 & 2)
- A3-P, A3-PL (Version 1 & 2), A3-M
- A3-OTS, ULC, ULC-ST
- Fuel Level Sensor Systems
Activating and Deactivation the internal Data Logger
When the data logger has been activated then measurements and other data that are collected will be stored on the exchangeable MSD memory card.
Optional: In the event that the Interface Box will be powered-down accidentally (i.e. power cut), optionally the data logger function will be reactivated automatically after the power-on mode has been completed. In this case a new data file will be created on the MSD card including the actual header data set (system setting information).
Future versions of the TAM Interface Box (2019) will include a bootloader. This will allow the user to update and upgrade the system firmware.
For product information, sales, service and technical support:
- Worldwide +49 8151 36898130